- About Advertising
- Best PTC Sites Posted By : Robert Thomson
- Pest Control San Diego Posted By : Hay, David
- Promoting Websites Using Pay-Per-Click Ads Posted By : Rodney Powell
- About Marketing
- Branding Explained Posted By : Katie Marcus
- Let Charity Contribute To Your Brand Posted By : Katie Marcus
- Mobile Marketing Success Strategies
- Ad Agency Tips
- The Real Secret to Successful Affiliate Marketing
- Trade Show Emporiumâ€™s Full Graphic Pop Up Display Stimulus Packages
- Timber Companies and Its Role in Making the Industry Sustainable
- Advertising Articles
- GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
- Should Small Companies Hire Advertising Agencies?
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- Careers in Advertising
- Business Wire - American Association of Advertising Agencies to Sponsor "Diversity in Advertising Career Day" on April 22, 2009, in NYC in an Ongoing Effort to...
- Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England) - Advertisement Feature - Career chance
- Advertising Age - diversity career day: April 24.(News)(Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Career Day)(Brief article)
- Digital Advertising
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Media Type - Direct
- How To Increase Your Acquisition Of New Chiropractic Patients By 20% In Just 24 Hours! Posted By : T
- Direct Mail Post Cards and Other Formats for Direct Mailing Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Guns Magazine - Sluggin' deer: the 12-gauge browning gold rifled deer stalker fills the freezer with tasty corn-fed Iowa venison
- Business Wire - Burst Media Launches Family Travelers Ad Network
- Business Wire - Hypercom Artema Modular Unattended Payment Terminal Receives Interac Association Device Certification in Canada
- Media Type - Print
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Market Wire - Zmags Takes Digital Publishing to New Dimensions With Rich Media Features in Zmags Publicator 3.0
- Media Type - Radio
- Reference & Research Book News - Writing for television, radio, and new media, 9th ed
- Market Wire - Jim Stickley From FT Press and Jeremy Buck From Diskeeper to Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers (R)
- New Orleans CityBusiness - Reading Radio in N.O. a one-of-a-kind station with global reach
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Media Type-Interactive
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
What is Branding? What is Marketing? Posted By : Yean Shin Yong
02/12/2009 - By Admin
Branding & Marketing. Are you confused about these 2 important elements of business? You are not alone. Nowaday, 94% of business owners, entrepreneurs & business tycoons do not know the difference between Branding and Marketing. So, they are not maximizing the corporate profits that they could have generated. They are losing 37% to 370% sales that belong to them daily. If you want to stop losing all these
sales/profits, keep on reading.
So, what is Branding?
The American Marketing Association (AMA) defines a brand as a "name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods & services of one seller or group of sellers & to differentiate them from those of other sellers. Branding is all about differentiation. It is what you do to differentiate your brand. It is what you do to differentiate your company from other companies.
For instance, Apple brands itself as "COOL". Apple differentiates itself from competitors by creating COOL products. FedEX brands itself as "Overnight delivery". FedEX differentiate itself from all other postage service companies by being the first company that dedicates to overnight delivery.
Why is branding important?
In today competitive business environment, businesses have to position themselves strategically in order to compete. Branding is what makes you stand out from your competitors. Why the customers choose you instead of your competitors?
Let's use the same example, FedEx & UPS. FedEx's brand is all about fast delivery, overnight delivery. If you need to deliver an urgent document fast, FedEx will pop up in your mind immediately. Whereas for UPS, it's brand is all about security & protection. UPS promise to keep every day & the people that stand behind the UPS shield. If you have an important document, you will choose UPS.
Then, what is Marketing?
Marketing is strategies or tactics to communicate your differentiating idea (your brand) to your target clients. Without marketing, your differentiation or your brand is only known to you or few people around you.
For instance, the founder of Apple can brand itself as "COOL". Without marketing this idea to his target clients, Apple's cool products could have been only known to Steve Job.
There is a lot of well-known marketing tactics, such as advertising, public relations, direct marketing, referral marketing & online Marketing. All these tactics are channels for you to communicate with your prospects.
So which is more important? Branding or marketing?
Both are equally important. There are just like twin brothers. Without branding, all you marketing effort will be wasted. Basically without any branding, all your marketing efforts are just like shout out loud to the crowd for nothing. Without marketing, your branding is only an idea that sits in your office. You need communicate your Unique Selling Proposition message to your prospects
To summarize, Branding is Differentiation. It is USP (Unique Selling Proposition) for your business. Once you identify your brand USP, then you implement marketing strategies to communicate your Brand to your target clients
Article Source http://www.articlesfeed.com/Article/What-is-Branding--What-is-Marketing-/243369