- About Advertising
- Easy Ways Of Becoming An Affiliate Marketer Posted By : Jackson Hughes
- Image and Branding with Promotional Gifts Posted By : Gen Wright
- SeoExpertsGroup has a new twist on online video marketing and advertising. Posted By : Chris
- About Marketing
- Casino Advertising
- What Is In A Product Name? Posted By :
- Tales of the Toured and other adventures in branding Posted By : JUI
- Ad Agency Tips
- Christian Debt Relief: What are Your Options?
- 10 Essential Steps to Succeed With Any Affiliate Program
- Craigslist Proxy - Why Aren't My Ads Showing Up on Craigslist?
- Advertising Articles
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Advertising Agencies – Are they worth their Cost?
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- Careers in Advertising
- Business Wire - American Association of Advertising Agencies to Sponsor "Diversity in Advertising Career Day" on April 22, 2009, in NYC in an Ongoing Effort to...
- Tennessee Nurse - Target your next big career opportunity at the TNA Career Center!
- Agri Marketing - Atypical agricultural careers
- Digital Advertising
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Media Type - Direct
- Knowing the Goodness of the Direct Mail Marketing Services Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- How To Increase Your Acquisition Of New Chiropractic Patients By 20% In Just 24 Hours! Posted By : T
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Art in America - Elizabeth Bryant: Solway Jones
- Guns Magazine - Sluggin' deer: the 12-gauge browning gold rifled deer stalker fills the freezer with tasty corn-fed Iowa venison
- Business Wire - MOBICOM Signs Joint Venture With Qkey Holdings and Integrates Interactive Outdoor Advertising Technology With Mobile Handsets
- Media Type - Print
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- Ink World - Metals in printing inks industry position statement
- Market Wire - Zmags Takes Digital Publishing to New Dimensions With Rich Media Features in Zmags Publicator 3.0
- Media Type - Radio
- Tech Europe - MEDIA : COMMISSION PROMOTES MEDIA LITERACY.
- Business Wire - MediaG3, Inc. Received Type Approval from China State Radio Regulatory Commission
- Reference & Research Book News - Language in the media; representations, identities, ideologies
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Media Type-Interactive
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
Article Source http://www.articlesbase.com/advertising-articles/website-design-vs-readymade-templates-658932.html
Website Design Vs. Readymade Templates!
11/28/2008 - By Admin
When it comes to designing your website, there are a number of options. You could build a website from scratch, or you could buy a readymade template and use it as-is, or you could customize your template to give it a more unique and distinct look. Which of these options should you choose and why?
As mentioned above, your website design is what distinguishes you from your competition. In a traditional business, what would be the first thing you do to lure visitors away from your competition? You would make your store more attractive so that people who look at your store from the outside would feel like coming in. You can visit www.impacts-audio.com Once inside, you would place all your products in such a way that customers feel like picking them up as they go. What would be an equivalent strategy when it comes to ecommerce? Why, your website design, of course.
To attract visitors, your website design must stand out from the rest. It must be attractive and uncluttered. Every item on the site must encourage visitors to shop. At the same time, you must also take care of download times so that visitors would not have to wait forever for your page to load. Search engine optimized code is a must; so are easy menu structures and intuitive additional features. For example, a website that sells a large number of products is crippled if it does not have a site search facility. Inclusion of these handy features make your customers feel more secure at your store.
These days, you come across a large number of entrepreneurs choosing cookie cutter templates for their websites. These templates are inexpensive, readily available and easy to use. So, apparently, there is no reason to shirk them. However, when you look at these templates from your customer‚¬s point of view, you would understand that cookie cutter templates are a big let down. To make your website stand out from your competition, it is necessary to build a custom website design. You can visit www.html-branders.com Your design must be built to suit your needs, using your company colors and embedded with your logo and business slogan. Everything about your website must be uniquely yours. Only this will help you establish a unique identity.
Readymade templates are inexpensive and easy to use. However, most businesspersons would not be able to add any functionality to the existing website. Additionally, websites that require a shopping cart are quite complicated. Altering them to suit your requirements is going to take a lot of time and effort; and even then, there is no guarantee that your code will work flawlessly.
Even if you were to customize readymade templates, you still run the risk of appearing similar to other websites. Remember that many templates sell at least a dozen times before they are taken off the shelf. You would not want your website to look like it came out of a factory that is churning out similar templates left, right and center, would you?