- About Advertising
- Having Success With Email Marketing Posted By :
- Winning Self Help Tactics to stop Fear and Anxiety making you Procrastinate for one second longer! Posted By : Gen Wright
- Marketing Without the Money Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- About Marketing
- Why a Compelling Press Release is Your Company's Best Friend Posted By : Marsha Friedman
- Hiring A Branding Agency Posted By :
- How to Create a Successful Personal Brand
- Ad Agency Tips
- Toll Free Numbers Increase Marketing Opportunities
- Website Design With Additional Strategies to Increase Top Product Sales
- How To Advertise Your Business On A Budget
- Advertising Articles
- Importance of advertising to advertising agencies
- The Advantages of Online Advertising Agencies
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Careers in Advertising
- Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England) - Advertisement Feature - Career chance
- Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) - Jared Fogle and Subway: A career based on a sandwich diet
- Oklahoma Nurse - Discover the advantages of career websites
- Digital Advertising
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Media Type - Direct
- Everything You Should Know About Leaflet Distribution Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Direct Mail Post Cards and Other Formats for Direct Mailing Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Market Wire - New Billboard Connection Franchise Opens in Tampa
- California Bookwatch - Best of Photographic Lighting
- Media Type - Print
- E.learning Age - Monkeys typing
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Media Type - Radio
- Market Wire - Jim Stickley From FT Press and Jeremy Buck From Diskeeper to Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers (R)
- Business Wire - MediaG3, Inc. Received Type Approval from China State Radio Regulatory Commission
- Reference & Research Book News - Language in the media; representations, identities, ideologies
- Media Type - Television
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Media Type-Interactive
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
02/15/2009 - By Admin
Search Engine Optimization or SEO, is focused on what can be done to your website to make it more visible to search engines. Search Engines have sophisticated formula they use to determine the order in which sites are listed when a search is performed. Understanding the basic elements of these formulae and tuning a Web site to capitalize on them is the basis of search engine optimization.
Common Search Engine Principles:
To understand SEO you need to be aware of the architecture of search engines. They all contain the following main components:
Spider: a browser-like program that downloads web pages.
Crawler: a program that automatically follows all of the links on each web page.
Indexer: a program that analyzes web pages downloaded by the spider and the crawler.
Database: storage for downloaded and processed pages.
Results engine: extracts search results from the database.
Web Server: a server that is responsible for interaction between the user and other search engine components.
Specific implementations of search mechanisms may differ. For example, the Spider+Crawler+Indexer component group might be implemented as a single program that downloads web pages, analyzes them and then uses their links to find new resources. However, the components listed are inherent to all search engines and the seo principles are the same.
Internal Ranking Factors:
Several factors influence the position of a site in the search results. They can be divided into external and internal ranking factors. Internal ranking factors are those that are controlled by seo aware website owners (text, layout etc) and will be described next.
Web Page Layout Factors:
Amount of text on a page.
Number of keywords on a page.
Keyword density and seo.
Location of keywods on a page.
Text format and SEO
Attractive title tag.
Keywords in links.
<Alt> attributes in images.
Description Meta tag.
Keywods Meta tag.