- About Advertising
- Hollywood Stars As The Brand Promoters Posted By : Victor Epand
- Afraid Of Ants! Posted By : Hay, David
- Logo Merchandise Gets Your Brand Noticed Posted By : Andrew Stratton
- About Marketing
- Brand Building For Your Small Business Posted By :
- Casino Advertising
- StorySelling Your Brand with Jim Signorelli
- Ad Agency Tips
- Creativity Or Copying
- Inexpensive Wedding Gifts
- Increase Your Rois Even At Down Times
- Advertising Articles
- GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
- Marketing your Agency
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Careers in Advertising
- Advertising Age - diversity career day: April 24.(News)(Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Career Day)(Brief article)
- Agri Marketing - Atypical agricultural careers
- Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England) - Advertisement Feature - Career chance
- Digital Advertising
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Media Type - Direct
- The History Of Leaflet Distribution Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Knowing the Goodness of the Direct Mail Marketing Services Posted By : Daegan Smith
- How To Increase Your Acquisition Of New Chiropractic Patients By 20% In Just 24 Hours! Posted By : T
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Business Wire - MOBICOM Signs Joint Venture With Qkey Holdings and Integrates Interactive Outdoor Advertising Technology With Mobile Handsets
- Guns Magazine - Sluggin' deer: the 12-gauge browning gold rifled deer stalker fills the freezer with tasty corn-fed Iowa venison
- California Bookwatch - Best of Photographic Lighting
- Media Type - Print
- E.learning Age - Monkeys typing
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Ink World - Metals in printing inks industry position statement
- Media Type - Radio
- Tech Europe - MEDIA : COMMISSION PROMOTES MEDIA LITERACY.
- New Orleans CityBusiness - Reading Radio in N.O. a one-of-a-kind station with global reach
- Business Wire - MediaG3, Inc. Received Type Approval from China State Radio Regulatory Commission
- Media Type - Television
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Media Type-Interactive
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
11/29/2008 - By Admin
Quebecor Media is pleased that the decision yesterday by the CRTC seems to point Canadian broadcasting policy toward less regulation and greater competition in the area of telecommunications to the benefit of Canadians.
While it did not accept Quebecor Media's suggestion to better finance general television through royalties, the Commission acted on many other proposals submitted by the Company. These included the deregulation of the types of speciality networks and possibilities to launch new ones, providing greater choice for viewers as well as more opportunities for the television production community in Quebec.Most Popular How To Write A Strategic Plan: A Simple Outline Lethal Job Interview Mistakes 5 Super Tips To Get Rid Of Your Public Speaking Fear: How To Overcome Public Speaking Anxiety How To Get Things Done: A Guide To Strategic Planning Job Interview: What Not To Do
The TVA Group will further explore opportunities to launch new networks and could submit applications to the CRTC for new licences in the coming months. Analysis of yesterday's announcement suggests that the future of general networks will depend on the existence and support within the same organization of speciality networks that have multiple sources of financing.
Quebecor Media is also pleased to see the Commission open to deployment and improvement of new technologies, including video on demand that will give consumers greater freedom in the choices offered by the Canadian broadcasting system.
The Quebec Company regrets, however, the slowness with which the Commission will achieve its objectives since most of the deregulation of the distribution industry will not take effect until 2011. The streamlining of rules about the creation of channel packages, for example, is one change that consumers would have certainly liked to benefit from now.
Quebecor Media questions the paradox of a greater regulatory burden by the CRTC with the imposition of additional financial charges to increase to 6% from 5% the payments by distribution companies to a local programming fund that will not meet the expectations of Canadian viewers.
Quebecor Inc. (TSX: QBR.A)(TSX: QBR.B) is a communications company with operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Quebecor Media owns operating companies in numerous media related businesses: Videotron Ltd., the largest cable operator in Quebec is a major Internet Service Provider and provider of telephone and business telecommunications services; Sun Media Corporation, Canada's largest national chain of daily and community newspapers; TVA Group Inc., operator of the largest French-language broadcast television network in Quebec, a number of specialty channels, and the English-language broadcast station Sun TV; Canoe Inc., operator of a network of English- and French-language Internet properties in Canada; Nurun Inc., a major interactive technologies and communications agency with offices in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia; companies engaged in book publishing and magazine publishing; and companies engaged in the production, distribution and retailing of cultural products, including Archambault Group Inc., the largest chain of music stores in eastern Canada, TVA Films, and Le SuperClub Videotron Ltd., a chain of video and video game rental and retail stores.
Contacts: Quebecor Media Inc. Isabelle Dessureault 514-380-7501 firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle Source http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200810/ai_n30965439