Imagine Using Online Forums To Do Free Advertising! Posted By : Joe Rispoli
Consider this, while forum marketing is free, it also has the potential of providing highly targeted traffic to your website if you choose the correct forums to participate in. They can be found all over the Internet; online business forums, internet business forums, internet marketing forums, network marketing forums. Just type any of these phrases into any search engine. Not only are forums a great way to meet others, learn and exchange ideas, but they are also a perfect way to brand your name and business.
Check out these helpful ideas for your forum marketing success:
1. Before joining any forum, make sure that they allow you to add a signature file, not all do. Read the Faq before joining, not after. A signature will allow you to add three of four lines of copy describing you and your business. Every time you post in that forum your signature will show up at the bottom of your post, just like the signature used with email.
TIP: Your sig file should be put together in such a way that the forum readers will be interested in knowing what your website is all about.
2. It makes sense to only join forums that relate to your business and to what you are trying to accomplish. Don't waste your time posting on a forum that will not bring any targeted traffic to your website.
TIP: Stay away from any forum arguments even if you feel that you have the answers. It is best for you business not to get involved at all.
3. Don't just post to any thread but look for ones that are getting the most activity, such as in the Main Discussion thread.
4. Start your own thread or topic discussion and get lots of action, especially if your topic is of extreme interest to the group.
5. Using forums can enable you to quickly accumulate tons of backlinks for your website, and backlinks are really what matter most to your success and thus to the search engines.
6. Make an effort to post a few times a week, if not daily. Avoid over posting the same information as this will be considered spamming.
TIP: Active forums are usually indexed by Google and the rest of the search engines, which means that the more often you post, then the more traffic you get from the search engines.
7. Another useful benefit from forum marketing is that you can build credibility among other internet business owners. But only if your posts show that you know what you are talking about and if they contain helpful information.
8. To help ensure that your posts get read, don't forget to optimize them with the correct keywords or phrases so your posts will rank high in the search engines.
9. Another great benefit of forums is that you can just hang out and get a lot of useful information that could help your business grow.
TIP: You can also get some good ideas for writing articles by tracking the threads that are generating a lot of discussion.
What better way to get a ton of long term traffic then just by posting in forums regularly. It does take some effort, but if you want to use free advertising methods that work, then you have to put in the time!
What are you waiting for? Join some forums and get posting!
Copyright 2008 Joe Rispoli
Article Source http://www.articlesfeed.com/Article/Imagine-Using-Online-Forums-To-Do-Free-Advertising-/243827