- About Advertising
- Website designing- The first step to implementing a website Posted By : ginfo plus
- Website designing- Website designers can work as freelancers, designing and maintaining websites Posted By : ginfo plus
- EBay auctions - sell your items through photographs Posted By : Kamal Kaushal
- About Marketing
- Essential Ingredients No.1 & No.2 For A Killer Online Brand Posted By :
- Casino Advertising
- The Enemy of Marketing is Here Posted By :
- Ad Agency Tips
- Xylitol and Cavities
- Spiraling Gas Prices Force Trade Show Exhibitors to Cut the Fat
- Family Matters
- Advertising Articles
- GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
- Marketing your Agency
- Should Small Companies Hire Advertising Agencies?
- Careers in Advertising
- Business Wire - American Association of Advertising Agencies to Sponsor "Diversity in Advertising Career Day" on April 22, 2009, in NYC in an Ongoing Effort to...
- Tennessee Nurse - Target your next big career opportunity at the TNA Career Center!
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital Advertising
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
- Media Type - Direct
- Cash Gifting Marketing with Postcards and Offline Methods Posted By : Merudh Patel
- Knowing the Goodness of the Direct Mail Marketing Services Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Guns Magazine - Sluggin' deer: the 12-gauge browning gold rifled deer stalker fills the freezer with tasty corn-fed Iowa venison
- Business Wire - Burst Media Launches Family Travelers Ad Network
- Market Wire - New Billboard Connection Franchise Opens in Tampa
- Media Type - Print
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- E.learning Age - Monkeys typing
- Media Type - Radio
- Market Wire - Insight Into Media Consumption by Race Increases Advertising ROI
- Reference & Research Book News - Language in the media; representations, identities, ideologies
- New Orleans CityBusiness - Reading Radio in N.O. a one-of-a-kind station with global reach
- Media Type - Television
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Media Type-Interactive
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
How Online Advertising Can Help Drive the Right Audience to Your Ecommerce Enabled Website
02/10/2009 - By Admin
To say that we live in the net age would be extremely clich©d but true. Most of us still do not grasp the enormity of the internet as a communication and social networking medium. In urban India alone, there are 17.9 million active internet users. This figure significantly multiples when one includes global internet users. This makes the internet one of the most effective modes of communication and event organizers who use this medium to communicate to their target audiences can increase their level of success.
Benefits of Online Advertising
The Internet is an extremely versatile and flexible advertising medium. It allows you to make changes during the course of the campaign as and when required without incurring a high cost. Moreover, you can publish information instantly without worrying about time constraints or geography. This is highly beneficial as the event industry is dynamic and changes happen on a daily basis.
Online advertising is an excellent way to build event awareness and boost your event registration number. Another benefit of using this medium is that its measurable i.e. you can track the number of visitors to your website, the number of clicks to your ad, and also find out where majority of your interested audience is from. This information will help you adjust your campaign to increase your conversion rate.
How to Advertise Online?
Online advertising is a form of promotion that uses the Internet for the expressed purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers. Online promotion differs from online advertising in the same way that traditional advertising differs from public relations. Advertising specializes in utilizing paid space as a vehicle for advertisements that have been designed specifically for a particular client/brand. Promotion on the other hand uses a variety of paid and unpaid techniques, which often work to build credibility for a brand. - Wikipedia
Some examples of online advertising include contextual ads on search engine results pages, banner ads, social network advertising, and pop-up ads.
Here are 4 examples of online advertising:
If you are trying to promote your event, implementing a banner ad campaign is an effective advertising method. The aim of a Banner Ad is to hook the visitors attention. Clicking on the banner will lead interested visitors to your event website or your event registration page where they can find out more about your event and instantly register for it.
Banner Ads should be posted on sites where potential attendees visit. For example: if you are hosting a motorcycle exhibition, post your banner ads on bike sites, bike magazine sites etc. Banner ads are also a cost effective form of advertising. You can implement a Pay Per Click Banner Campaign so you pay only when visitors click on the banner. In short, Banner Ads are an effective direct marketing tool that can increase site traffic if they are creative and include a strong call-to-action message.
Floating Ads are steadily replacing Pop-Up Ads because of the freely available pop-up blockers. A Floating Ad appears ˜floats for 5 to 30 seconds when you open up a webpage. Floating Ads grab the visitors attention as they obscure the view of the page and often block mouse input as well. They also have a high click through rate. However, the factors that make it a popular advertising medium are also the cause of alienation of many other visitors.
In Contextual Advertising, targeted ads appear based on the page's actual content. When the user enters keywords in the search engine, the contextual advertising system scans the text of a webpage for those keyword phrases. Then, the system returns specific, targeted ads based on the content people are viewing. This form of advertising is gaining popularity as the ads can be targeted based on the users' interests. The benefit of using this type of online advertising is that you only attract audiences that are interested in attending events.
Social Network Advertising
Social Network Advertising refers to advertising that focuses on social networking sites. The key benefit of advertising on social network sites such as facebook, myspace, friendster, bebo, orkut etc is the user demographic information that is freely available. You can use this information to target your ads appropriately. One example of social network ads is a news feed saying 'Ravi has just registered for the Russell Peters show. This can be an extremely effective form of advertising as people often make decisions based on their close group of friends. However, this form of Social Network Advertising is highly controversial as it piggybacks on a personal relationship.
Using one or more of these online advertising types to promote your event will help boost traffic to your website. However, you need to keep in mind, that the purpose of online advertising and promotion is not only to drive the right traffic to your website but also to convert those visitors into event attendees. So, it is extremely important to have an online registration and payment facility on your event website. An easy online registration facility will push interested visitors to register instantly. An online payment facility means paid confirmation; this will reduce the number of ˜No Shows and confirms the registrants presence at the event.