- About Advertising
- Everybody Talks About The Demise Of Advertising Agencies. But Are We Seeing The Demise Of Brands? Posted By : Gad Romann
- Viral Marketing Must Be Used On Every Web-Site Posted By : Peter Fitzgerald
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE HITS ONCE THEY COME OUT? Posted By : Ronn Torossian
- About Marketing
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- How to Create a Successful Personal Brand
- Media Management Strategies that Increase Awareness and Sales
- Ad Agency Tips
- Web Design is Just the Start for Rural Business
- Viral Marketing, Gossip Is The Best Thing
- An Affiliate Experiences Moderate Success in a Single Program and Suddenly Assumes
- Advertising Articles
- GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
- Importance of advertising to advertising agencies
- HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD? Do they specialize in your industry?
- Careers in Advertising
- Oklahoma Nurse - Discover the advantages of career websites
- Agri Marketing - Atypical agricultural careers
- Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England) - Advertisement Feature - Career chance
- Digital Advertising
- Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Media Type - Direct
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Knowing the Goodness of the Direct Mail Marketing Services Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Some Important Points on Direct Mail Marketing Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Business Wire - Hypercom Artema Modular Unattended Payment Terminal Receives Interac Association Device Certification in Canada
- Market Wire - New Billboard Connection Franchise Opens in Tampa
- Media Type - Print
- E.learning Age - Monkeys typing
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- Ink World - Metals in printing inks industry position statement
- Media Type - Radio
- Market Wire - Jim Stickley From FT Press and Jeremy Buck From Diskeeper to Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers (R)
- Market Wire - Insight Into Media Consumption by Race Increases Advertising ROI
- Tech Europe - MEDIA : COMMISSION PROMOTES MEDIA LITERACY.
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Media Type-Interactive
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
Hiring A Branding Agency Posted By :
11/06/2008 - By Admin
Choosing the right branding agency can be a daunting task. The problem with the selection process is that every marketing, advertising and graphic design company says they are a branding company.
This of course is not the case. To be a true branding agency a company must focus on one thing. Branding. Branding is not about media buys, logo designs and direct mail. It is about developing your clients brand identity and positioning in the market place. Inherently that is where advertising agencies, marketing companies and graphic design firms fall flat on their face.
A branding agency should be about long term strategic thinking concerning their clients brand. Some of the strategies and tactics a branding firm should take is branding research, brand planning, brand marketing, brand image and internet branding.
How to choose the right branding agency? First do a Google search for the phrase branding company or agency. Then start calling the top results of your Google internet search. These companies have done the things necessary to appear in the rankings or Google has put value on these firms. If it is in the top results they are most likely a good company to work with.
Now that you have narrowed your selection down to say 3-5 agencies start setting up conference calls or meetings. It is nice to hire a local company but by no means is it necessary. In the internet world we are in today dealing with someone in another state is pretty par for the course. Do not dismiss them just because they are far away.
Be prepared for your first conference call or meeting. If they sound like they are really an ad agency, marketing firm or graphic design company dismiss them immediately. You are looking for a true brand firm. You will know right away as ad agencies will push media spending, graphic design firms will push, well graphic design work and marketing firms will promote things like direct marketing.
Ask them what they do to develop a brand identity and positioning. Follow that up with questions about internal branding and how to go about setting up an internal strategy for brand development. Ask to see samples or case studies of each of these elements. A real branding agency will be able to talk intelligently about internal branding.
Branding research is another area that you may want to focus on. Marketing research and branding research are two very different things. When you conduct brand research it is more about understanding how customers and prospects feel about your product or company versus quantitative approaches that marketing companies take.
Finally go with your gut instinct. The gut usually tells the story.
Article Source http://www.articlesfeed.com/Article/Hiring-A-Branding-Agency/187396