- About Advertising
- Afraid Of Ants! Posted By : Hay, David
- Website designing- Your business keywords and search terms Posted By : ginfo plus
- Promotional Products and Items Posted By : Kevin Smith
- About Marketing
- Mascots Impact on Children Sends Strong Messages Posted By : Amy Nutt
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
- Ad Agency Tips
- Kitchen and Bathroom Enhancement
- Owe Irs Back Taxes? Don't Fall Victim to an Irs Tax Levy!
- Are The Yellow Pages Still Useful In This Internet Age?
- Advertising Articles
- Importance of advertising to advertising agencies
- Marketing your Agency
- Should Small Companies Hire Advertising Agencies?
- Careers in Advertising
- Oklahoma Nurse - Discover the advantages of career websites
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Tennessee Nurse - Target your next big career opportunity at the TNA Career Center!
- Digital Advertising
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Media Type - Direct
- Direct Mail Advertising Strategies That Works Like Magic Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Cash Gifting Marketing with Postcards and Offline Methods Posted By : Merudh Patel
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Art in America - Elizabeth Bryant: Solway Jones
- California Bookwatch - Best of Photographic Lighting
- Business Wire - Burst Media Launches Family Travelers Ad Network
- Media Type - Print
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- Sunday Herald, The - MEDIA WATCH
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Media Type - Radio
- Market Wire - Jim Stickley From FT Press and Jeremy Buck From Diskeeper to Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers (R)
- Reference & Research Book News - Writing for television, radio, and new media, 9th ed
- Business Wire - MediaG3, Inc. Received Type Approval from China State Radio Regulatory Commission
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Media Type-Interactive
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
The advent of the Internet has opened up so many avenues for businesses to advertise their products and services, more than just building company websites and promoting it through those technical online marketing jargons like optimizing, link-building or site linking.
Nowadays, the traditional ways to let the public become aware of your business have morphed with their own online versions. Newspaper ads now crawl into your computer screens as online ads, those big advertising tarpaulins on highways and cityscapes are now the banner ads in your social networking accounts. Likewise, those old fashioned yellow pages and classic telephone directories now have online versions in the form of jazzy online directories.
Online directories (or electronic yellow pages) are online versions of traditional directory books (also called offline directories). Online directories are dynamic (content can be changed anytime), flexible (many ways to search for an item) and fully searchable (an array of information and rich content can be embedded in an item). That is why, people anywhere in the world cannot do without a good online directory these days. They save on time, money, effort and can also be used as a one-stop virtual shopping mall too!
To catch up with the online marketing phenomenon, you cannot afford to miss the opportunities offered by good online directories. Indeed, you have to be there.
Even before the age of the Internet, the importance of having a fully searchable directory-type listing of businesses and services providers was already recognized by industries. The conventional telephone directories merely lists down the business name, address and telephone number. Important information like location maps, types of products or services, fees or charges and hours of operation are not included.
Since online directories offer more advantages and convenience than traditional directories, ensuring that your business name is listed in every pertinent and good online directory sites put you in a level playing field with your competitors, big or small.
Because online directories are regularly updated and thus offers close to real-time information like present address, new business telephone lines, opening and closing hours, rates and fees and more, you will have the peace of mind to know that your loyal customers as well as new converts will have the right information when they do head out to your place of business.
Moreover, online directories are capable to be embedded with value-added information, such as location maps, the nearest landmarks, a virtual shop of your business, and other content-rich offers, which could help spark some real interest for your products or services, and lead to actual orders.
Remember also that online directories are actually not only limited to yellow pages-type. Those online movie and TV guides, online shopping catalogs, and online travel listings, among other sites that lists down all the movers and shakers in a particular place (state, city, or even just a village) or industry are forms of electronic yellow pages in themselves. Choose the ones where your products or services would fit best and reach your intended customers. The more demographic the online directories are, the more client-targeted they are, and the more positive their results will be.