- About Advertising
- Website designing- Planning and organizing are the most crucial steps in designing a website Posted By : ginfo plus
- Color Business Cards Ideas Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- Business Gifts and Promo Items Posted By : Jack29 Peters29
- About Marketing
- Where can you find the best content For Your Ebook Posted By : Manita PD
- ESW Partners/Chicago wins six for six in Summit Creative competition
- Email Marketing: A Solid Lead Generation and Sales Solution
- Ad Agency Tips
- Aspartame Safety
- Fast Track Technique to Make Your Job of Designing and Building a Website a Lot Easier
- Virtual Tours, the Future of Photography
- Advertising Articles
- HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD? Do they specialize in your industry?
- The Advantages of Online Advertising Agencies
- Advertising Agencies – Are they worth their Cost?
- Careers in Advertising
- Business Wire - American Association of Advertising Agencies to Sponsor "Diversity in Advertising Career Day" on April 22, 2009, in NYC in an Ongoing Effort to...
- Tennessee Nurse - Target your next big career opportunity at the TNA Career Center!
- Advertising Age - diversity career day: April 24.(News)(Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Career Day)(Brief article)
- Digital Advertising
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Media Type - Direct
- Cash Gifting Marketing with Postcards and Offline Methods Posted By : Merudh Patel
- Direct Mail Advertising Strategies That Works Like Magic Posted By : Daegan Smith
- How To Increase Your Acquisition Of New Chiropractic Patients By 20% In Just 24 Hours! Posted By : T
- Media Type - Outdoor
- California Bookwatch - Best of Photographic Lighting
- Business Wire - Hypercom Artema Modular Unattended Payment Terminal Receives Interac Association Device Certification in Canada
- Business Wire - Burst Media Launches Family Travelers Ad Network
- Media Type - Print
- Ink World - Metals in printing inks industry position statement
- Sunday Herald, The - MEDIA WATCH
- Market Wire - Zmags Takes Digital Publishing to New Dimensions With Rich Media Features in Zmags Publicator 3.0
- Media Type - Radio
- Market Wire - Insight Into Media Consumption by Race Increases Advertising ROI
- Reference & Research Book News - Language in the media; representations, identities, ideologies
- Tech Europe - MEDIA : COMMISSION PROMOTES MEDIA LITERACY.
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Media Type-Interactive
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
Estimation of Home Remodeling
02/16/2009 - By Admin
There could be quite a few reasons why people want to renovate or remodel their homes. Regardless of the reason, you should first get an accurate home remodeling estimation before you commence work. Perhaps you are looking at expanding your kitchen, adding a bonus room, installing a home entertainment system, updating your bathroom appliances, or simply redecorating the nursery room. As you may be aware, expanding your home's existing structure will be more costly than making an internal home remodeling change. After you are clear in your mind about what type of home remodeling you want, prepare budget estimation on whether your project meets your financial affordability.
Even before you contemplate home remodeling, you need to seriously consider whether to remodel your existing home or buy a new one. The decision to renovate or buy is based on a number of factors, .including type of renovation, cost, neighborhood analysis, market valuation, your desire factor and other issues. Go ahead with your home remodeling if the home renovation costs is 30% or less of your home market value. Renovation projects above 30% of your home value are not generally acceptable for most neighborhoods. The cost would be better spent on the purchase of a new home. Of course, this is subject to the type of renovation and location of your home. You should be cautious that in certain areas where labor costs are tight or where there is a lot of home construction activity, your remodeling costs can be high.
Budget for the total remodeling costs must include construction, materials, construction labor, permit fees, decorative enhancements, and repairs due to remodeling and final cleaning up. The total estimation costs must include all required permit fees, labor costs and total hours required, tools and construction equipment, materials including lumber, plumbing fixtures, flooring, cabinets, paint, insulation, tile, countertops, heating, and ventilation units, Incidental repairs that may be required when tearing into the existing house structure, decorative enhancements such as light fixtures, window coverings, and other specialty decor items, fees of all specialized contractors such as an electrician etc.
There are many software programs available online that can help you to get accurate home remodeling/renovation estimation. You simply state what you are looking to do and systematically go through the steps in the program. The end result will show what your approximate cost will be.
You may have to further decide if you want to take spend time and do the renovation yourself or hire some professionals so the job gets done within the scheduled time and also perfectly. Most people would prefer to leave the work to a professional if the remodeling you have in mind is extensive in nature. But if it is of relatively minor nature, then it may be fulfilling to do it yourself.
Notwithstanding the above, you can also get estimate from local contractors to ascertain what the cost will be to do the remodeling/renovation. This can be useful if you do not want to do the work yourself or even if you just want to see how much you will save by doing it yourself. There may not be any need to negotiate as each contractor is the competitor to the other and so they will try to offer competitive bids. You will, in any case, get the lowest cost possible.