- About Advertising
- How to Run a Successful Online Business? Posted By : Search Pooch
- How To Create Attention Grabbing Headlines Posted By : Kevin Sinclair
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Business Card Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
- About Marketing
- Casino Advertising
- Tales of the Toured and other adventures in branding Posted By : JUI
- Attraction Marketing Is A Very Powerful Stratergy Posted By : Gav Shannon
- Ad Agency Tips
- Twitter Takes Center Stage
- Online Marketing With Creative Web Advertising
- Owe Irs Back Taxes? Don't Fall Victim to an Irs Tax Levy!
- Advertising Articles
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD? Do they specialize in your industry?
- The Advantages of Online Advertising Agencies
- Careers in Advertising
- Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) - Jared Fogle and Subway: A career based on a sandwich diet
- PR Newswire - New Career Coaching Service Targets Marketing and Advertising Executives
- Tennessee Nurse - Target your next big career opportunity at the TNA Career Center!
- Digital Advertising
- Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
- Digital advertising is watching you!
- Is an Ad Career For You?
- Media Type - Direct
- Direct Mail Advertising Strategies That Works Like Magic Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Make The Most Of Leaflet Distribution In London Posted By : Shaun Parker
- Some Important Points on Direct Mail Marketing Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Market Wire - New Billboard Connection Franchise Opens in Tampa
- California Bookwatch - Best of Photographic Lighting
- Guns Magazine - Sluggin' deer: the 12-gauge browning gold rifled deer stalker fills the freezer with tasty corn-fed Iowa venison
- Media Type - Print
- PR Newswire - Information Management Network Responds to New York Post Story
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- Ink World - Metals in printing inks industry position statement
- Media Type - Radio
- Business Wire - Jim Stickley from FT Press and Jeremy Buck from Diskeeper To Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers
- Reference & Research Book News - Writing for television, radio, and new media, 9th ed
- Market Wire - Insight Into Media Consumption by Race Increases Advertising ROI
- Media Type - Television
- Market Wire - REMINDER: Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Media Type-Interactive
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Poster Printing Tips for Clear, Knock-out Posters Posted By : Kaitlyn Miller
Advertising in Newspapers
12/29/2008 - By Admin
Newspaper advertisements are as old as advertisement itself. Although, its an age-old method of advertisement, it still receives the same response and is highly successful. Both small and large businesses still choose this method to promote their products and services. Ask them and nearly hundred percent advertisers would select newspapers as their primary advertise medium.
In spite of registered decline in newspaper circulation numbers and advertisements featured in a newspaper, they are read by millions of people at their breakfast table. The rate of increase in price to place advertisements in newspapers is climbing rapidly when compared to radio, television and billboards. The main aim should be to get the desired attention from the advertisement and out do the competitor. Various factors should be considered and measures should be taken to ensure success, while keeping the cost low.
Many advertisers, who advertise through newspapers, design their own advertisements without any prior training. This has lead to the rise of larger number of retailers who think that making an ad by them is the only way to get it right. This approach saves a lot of money and is good for small businesses, only if they reach to correct customers. The one time cost of placing a small advertisement is $150, so the measures should be taken to place them effectively. It isnt necessary to have a full-page advertisement posted in the newspaper. If smartly designed, even half page advertisement can do wonders; the money saved can be used to advertise concurrently in other mediums like radio, websites, etc.
Using colorful font can multiply the cost to many times and is not worth the return. If the budget is low and the matter is confident enough, black font will be fine. Regular readers read the newspapers daily; therefore, there is no sense in placing the same ad in the same paper everyday. The advertisement can be placed in different papers everyday. The frequency can be three times a week for a particular newspaper. But there is an increase in the number of readers on weekends, so more money can be invested on placing advertisement in the weekend edition. Dont be disappointed if all the advertisement space is sold on weekend. Insert fliers in between the pages of the newspaper.
As many advertisers will be posting their ads on weekends in the local newspaper and the chances of your ad getting lost in the muddle, the conventions can be twisted a little to beat the competition. Place an offer coupon in the mid-week editorial and pay the local station to advertise and talk about the offer on their famous program. Ask them to specifically mention about the coupon placed in the newspaper. Out of the daily readers, only few of them go through the entire newspapers. Most of them view the first and last page. So instead of posting an ad thrice weekly in the middle pages, invest on placing the ad on the first or last page of the newspaper, once a week. Majority of the newspapers dont give competitive protection, that is, an advertisement of a firm can be placed next to the advertisement of its competitor. Specify about this condition to the sales person and take the guarantee from them.
There is a decrease in the number of local newspapers every year. In United States, only about a thousand newspapers function on a daily basis. Local people are now relying on weekly papers or newspapers with the local section. Sometimes only one publisher controls many of the local newspapers. Newspapers for all the localities are printed at one place with only the front page being changed. When advertising in such publications, care should be taken on recognizing the audience that is being reached. All the effort and money is wasted if the wrong customer is reached and the result can go in loss. Mixing different medias instead one for advertising is a smart approach. One can take care of the shortcomings of the other and work in tandem to make the overall advertising campaign a huge success.